online help book -- updated info

Subject: online help book -- updated info
From: Steve Csipke <scsipke -at- GIANT -dot- INTRANET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 12:19:08 EDT

Earlier someone provided info on "Developing Online Help for Windows" by Scott
Boggan, David Farkas, and Joe Welinske. The book had been issued by SAMS and
was long out of print; it recently was reissued by International Thomson
Computer Press, ISBN 1-85032-219-8. The book is listed as $39.95
US/$49.95 Canadian. The book is a good introduction.

Also, I can recommend "The Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design"
from Microsoft Press (no author listed), ISBN 1-55615-679-0. While the book is
aimed at developers and designers, I find it useful to get the jargon right for
our Windows applications, since we attempt to speak Microsoft correctly in our
online applications. The price is $29.95 US/$39.95 Canadian.

(Both of the above titles have been mentioned periodically on the list; both
are 1995.)
-- Steve