classifying & presenting online documents

Subject: classifying & presenting online documents
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 11:34:17 PDT

Judy asked about this for her university computer center.

Judy, we are doing a similar task with our large document set.

The kind of person you need to look at this is not a writer,
programmer, nor academic.

You need to talk to a Librarian. A genuine Library Sciences
major. They know more about info organization setup for
retrieval than anyone.

I brought a Librarian on our team right away, and she is great!

Good Luck, Ms "Document"!

Dick Dimock, The Artfully Senior Tech Writer rides again for

AT&T GIS Which still quivers in

El Segundo, CA The town that loves Tech Writers. Walk into any
bar or public spot and announce that you are a
Technical Writer for XXX company, and you will
wind up with a free beer or at least friendly
conversation.
Try it at your home town. It may work!
"Hahdy y'all! Ah'm a taick ratter for Aix Aix Aix
cahmpnie!"