Re: Re[2]: E-mail: How does it affect our work?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: E-mail: How does it affect our work?
From: "Doug, Data Librarian at Ext 4225" <engstromdd -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 15:40:00 -0500

Jack Worthington says

> I feel that E-MAIL has made life a lot more impersonal. This is BAD
> for society, BAD for our kids, but nevertheless, FUN to play with.

> Go figure!

I have to agree with Pam, Rick and the rest of the pro-e-mail group. I
have a friend at work whom I *could* talk with in person at almost any
time. Our offices are close, we're both very "verbal" and enjoy
face-to-face conversation. However, we find that many of our most
significant "conversations" take place via e-mail. We're both just more
comfortable with being able to think things through, write, edit, and read
a sentence several times before making a reply, especially when the
subject may be a bit difficult or complicated. It just works better for
us.

Skoal,

Doug "The future is like a wheatcake; you
ENGSTROMDD -at- phibred -dot- com don't know until you taste it, and then
it's too late."
--Merlin

The preceding opinions and positions are mine alone, and are only
coincidentally related to those of Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.