Re: Telecommuting: Who pays for the set up?

Subject: Re: Telecommuting: Who pays for the set up?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 13:56:08 PDT

At WEITEK, the computers used for telecommuting are the older machines
that no one's fighting for, mostly SPARCstation 2 and IPX workstations.
Most of the people doing telecomuting are engineers who are putting
in evening and weekend hours from home.

The few distant/frequent telecommuters all started with WEITEK
equipment. Some have shifted to new equipment of their own, some
have shifted to new equipment that WEITEK paid for, and some have
a mix. The modems and such were all paid for by WEITEK.

My situation is unusual, in that I'm the only part-time employee
telecommuting to WEITEK. I have a mix of WEITEK and personal
equipment, which I use to get work done for my other clients, as
well as WEITEK. A strange situation, but one that has been satisfactory
for all involved. It helps that most of the equipment is obsolete,.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (503) 453-5841