THANKS for input on repetitive motion injuries

Subject: THANKS for input on repetitive motion injuries
From: Cathy Quinones <quinones -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 21:55:32 GMT

Hi Everybody :)

I just want to thank everyone for being so dang nice and caring and
inundating me with info about repetitive motion injuries (following up on my
post about unexplained wrist pain).

I have tried to reply to all the e-mail but like I mentioned to a few people,
the effort may well cause me an injury. Yes, I've gotten dozens of messages.
If anyone sent me a message and I didn't reply directly, here's a hearty
THANK YOU.

[If anyone thinks this message is inappropriate use of the list, YOU ARE
WRONG! The sheer volume of mail I got suggests that this IS a BIG issue to
keyboard slaves and people perhaps should be talking about it a lot more.]

For those who may be lurking or wondering, here's a summary of the
suggestions I received:

#1. Get myself off to the doctor already and stop being a weenie.

#2. Consider whether posture is partially responsible for the problem [I
followed a # of recommendations off that web page I mentioned and have made
several changes to my work area].

#3. Consider light exercises to strengthen the wrists.

#4. [My favorite:] Take off that watch you are wearing on your left wrist
because it may be curtailing blood flow.

I have decided to go with the light exercise, plenty of typing breaks and
the ergonomic tricks and if I see no improvement in a couple weeks I will
visit a doctor.

Again, thanks to everyone that posted and e-mailed.

Cathy Quinones Poicephalus rule!!
quinones -at- mindspring -dot- com %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
http://www.mindspring.com/~mintz/coverpg.html = Bird Care Info