Re: letterhead and the electronic age

Subject: Re: letterhead and the electronic age
From: "Mark F. Heiman" <mheiman -at- CARLETON -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:07:24 -0500

If a person looking at your letterhead isn't computer literate, will adding
the labels "WWW:", "Email:", "FTP:" and so forth actually add any value for
them?

The trend I've been seeing in the media is to leave out such labels,
probably on the assumption that people who don't recognize an address form
won't be able to use it anyway. It's not the most friendly approach, but
it does parallel the assumptions we already make about telephone numbers
and mailing addresses.

One compromise solution might be to group all of your electronic addresses
under a single heading like "On the Internet:", which is both informative
and neat.

Mark F. Heiman <mheiman -at- carleton -dot- edu>
Information Coordinator, Academic Computing and Networking Services
Carleton College, Northfield, MN
http://www.carleton.edu