Re: Online Help Tools -- RoboHelp Critique

Subject: Re: Online Help Tools -- RoboHelp Critique
From: "E. M. Murphy" <MurphyAssc -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 01:35:05 -0400

Having worked with RoboHelp for over two years - I would not assume that
RoboHelp is the sole culprit in causing a Windows system to crash. Consider
the source. Word 6 is not good at handling large documents. To get around
this problem, I chunk books and help systems into chapters. I never compile
with compression on and I, too, manually edit the footnotes instead of
twiddle my thumbs wating for Robo to complete Edit gyrations. I like the
HyperViewer if you're building Windows 3.1 help. Not worth bothering with if
you are moving to Windows 95 soon. Use the Windows Help Authoring Tool
instead.

Erin Murphy
MurphyAssc -at- aol -dot- com
emmassoc -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com