FW: Final Notice for Call for Participation to Currents '96

Subject: FW: Final Notice for Call for Participation to Currents '96
From: "Hollis, Tracy" <tdh3 -at- NIP1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 13:54:00 EST

**The deadline to submit abstracts for presentations to Currents '96 has
been extended until October 15. Don't wait - Meet the challenge!**

Atlanta STC's Currents '96 Conference: Rising to the Challenge

Join us for a winning work out on February 17!

You Are Invited
---------------
Catch the spirit in Atlanta, host of the 1996 summer Olympics.

Venue: Mercer University, Cecil B. Day Campus, Atlanta, GA

EXTRA: William Horton, guru of online help, will offer a pre-conference
workshop on February 16.

Join us for an exciting event. We promise winning coaches to help you set
new records for your personal best as you compete in the marketplace.

Qualifying
----------
We welcome presentations and workshops based on the theme of "Rising to the
Challenge" in the technical communication field. Please submit a 100-400
word outline with the complete title, purpose, author(s), company name,
address, and contact numbers. Include what kind of audio/visual equipment
you will need. Also, enclose a one-page biographical sketch and a brief
description of the business community you support. The Program team may
select some topics for a Progressions session, if appropriate.

Suggested Topics for our Arena of Events
Management
Communication
Design
Contracting/Consulting
Research
Usability
Tools
Focusing on Quality

Finish Lines
---------------
We must receive your abstracts by October 12, 1995. Presenters will be
notified by October 31, 1995. Authors of accepted abstracts will receive
detailed instructions for preparing their papers for publication in the
Proceedings. Deadline for papers to be printed in the Proceedings is
December 1, 1995.

Where to Send Your Abstract
---------------------------
Nancy Davis
GTRI/EOEML
Georgia Institute of Technology
O'Keefe Building
Atlanta, GA 30332-0837

nancy -dot- davis -at- gtri -dot- gatech -dot- edu

Email responses are encouraged.

Also, visit our Web site! The Atlanta STC chapter's Web site can be found
at: http://www.osoft.com/stc_atlanta/currents/.

Our Team
--------
Our outstanding presenters give Currents its value. As our thanks for
providing the basis of our conference, we invite presenters to attend all
sessions on February 17 as our guests.