Posting to bit.listserv.techwr-l and TECHWR-L

Subject: Posting to bit.listserv.techwr-l and TECHWR-L
From: Eric Ray <Eric_Ray -at- WCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 08:03:31 PDT

Posting information:
If you post to bit.listserv.techwr-l, your message will be automatically
sent to the newsgroup. If you then get a message back from the LISTSERV
stating that you don't have permission to post to TECHWR-L, your
message DID NOT make it to the list.

I'm sending this message to TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- If I
don't get a rejection message from LISTSERV, I'll know that everyone
got it.

If I send it to the bit.listserv.techwr-l address, I know
that everyone who reads bit.listserv.techwr-l will see it
no matter what. If I don't get a rejection message, then the
list got it too. If I do get a rejection message, then the
bit.listserv.techwr-l people still get it, but the TECHWR-L
list subscribers will not.

BTW, a rejection message from any address other than
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU just means that one person didn't
get your message. Just disregard it.

Hope this clarifies things,
Eric

Eric J. Ray | Eric -dot- Ray -at- wcom -dot- com
WorldCom, Inc. | W: 918-588-4140
1 Williams Center 29-5 | F: 918-588-2372
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74172 | P: 918-690-1314
Web: http://www.wcom.com/