Thanks for left-handed mice and other input devices

Subject: Thanks for left-handed mice and other input devices
From: Suzanne W McKeown <mckeown -at- BATTELLE -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 17:22:18 -0500

Hello again:

Thanks to everyone who provided prompt and helpful suggestions to my request for
left-handed mice and input devices. This isn't a trivial issue for me since I'm
starting to develop carpal tunnel symptoms in my left hand, so I'm most
appreciative for your help. Some of the information I received may be useful to
others.

Several of you suggested Logitech's left-handed version of their Mouse Man
mouse, but it has been discontinued. However, Logitech has a very small supply
on hand, so if you're interested, act fast (800-231-7717). They had two
"ambidextrous" trackballs, but they seemed more geared to portables. I decided
to order the left-handed mouse, figuring that I could return it if I didn't like
it, and it may be my one shot to try it.

You also told me that Kensington has an ambidextrous mouse (the Intelligent
Mouse) and trackball (Expert Mouse) and Mouse Systems has an ambidextrous
trackball. These may be a good choice if you have to share a system with a
"rightie" (as I have to at home).

Other lefties apparently use the mouse with their right hand, or use a
"conventional" mouse and reverse the buttons. A couple of lefties in my office
said they never gave a thought to using the mouse with their left hand until I
brought it up.

Thanks again,

Sue McKeown
Technical Writer