University of Findlay Students

Subject: University of Findlay Students
From: Lynnette Porter <LPORTER -at- OPIE -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 07:10:53 -0500

The University of Findlay messages that have appeared on the list
recently are part of an assignment made by another instructor at
the University. I've sent comments and critiques to the students
and their teacher. These are not my students. Many subscribers to
this list know that I teach technical communication courses at the
UF and have sent complaints directly to me. Although I appreciate
the comments and inquiries about student work, I share your
concern about the number and types of messages that have been sent
and have forwarded comments to the class. Please don't send me
additional messages directly!

The list has received a good reputation for helping students in
the past, and I thank all of you who take the time to respond to
student requests. I believe that was the reason that the assignment
was made, so that students who hadn't learned about this resource
could gain experience and receive valuable comments. As the comments
I've received and forwarded show, students can also learn about
the protocol of making inquiries and the format for good e-mail
inquiries.

Lynnette Porter, Ph.D.
Technical Communication
The University of Findlay