TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Bestinfo, a division of Intergraph Corporation located near
Philadelphia, needs an experienced documentation manager.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Three to five years experience writing highly usable end-user
guides, "Read Me" documents, articles, quick reference
materials, and technical references.
- Three years experience with both Windows and and Macintosh
- Two to three years experience developing Windows Help titles.
- Experience in designing or working with relational databases,
particularly Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in designing, coding, or working with Visual Basic
- Excellent people skills for managing contract and full-time
staff, working within a team structure, and gathering
- Effective time management skills to work on many projects
simultaneously and independently.
- A bachelor's degree in technical writing, technical
communication, or a related field.
Experience with QuarkXPress, Adobe Acrobat, and World-Wide Web
authoring is a plus.
Bestinfo/Intergraph develops client/server publishing and workflow
management software for retailers. The position features
attractive benefits including comprehensive medical and dental
coverage, a 401(k) plan, a stock plan, and a great location.
To apply, send printed and online samples along with your resume
and salary history to:
Christopher T. Larsen
100 Matsonford Road
Building 5, Suite 375
Radnor, PA 19087
Fax: (610) 293-7117