Multiple options for action?

Subject: Multiple options for action?
From: George Hayhoe <GFHayhoe -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:58:02 -0400

I also prefer to use multiple "or"s in a list of options. This approach
provides the reader with a visual cue of the fact that there are options to
choose among, especially if the "or"s are emphasized typographically:

Jam on the frimfram.

or

Turn the glibbish 180 degrees counterclockwise.

or

Glock on the fritz.

This method clearly calls out the fact that these are options, not a series
of steps, even if the reader is skimming the document. I don't think that
Brian's original sentence or Steve Evanina's suggestion does that
effectively.

Obviously, the multiple instances of the conjunction are not required or
stylistically preferable, but this usage is not incorrect and has a
legitimate purpose.

--George Hayhoe (GFHayhoe -at- aol -dot- com)