Chicago STC's Web Page

Subject: Chicago STC's Web Page
From: Betsy Maaks <bmaaks -at- FRAME -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:08:45 CDT

Kudos! Chicago STC's Web Page is Online

(article by Betsy Maaks)

The Chicago STC is excited about its new Web page. Look for it on the STC
WWW page for its Chapters or by using this URL:

http://stc.org/region4/chi/www/stc.htm

After several months of development, we are announcing Chicago STC's own Web
page on the WWW. Kudos to the Dream Team up in Northbrook (IL): Julie Burns,
Edye Parker, and Fred Shafer for their talents and time. Edye took the
skyline photo from a cruise boat, and Julie turned it into a focal point of
the page. It's even used on the "wallpaper" (background for the Web page).
Fred is our webmaster who worked with the "STC person" in California to set
us up on the server site. I contributed as go-between for the Chicago STC's
administrative council, confirmed compliance with STC's Guidelines for the
Internet and reviewed the content and links.

You'll find the following topic areas on the Web page:
* Calendar
* Competitions
* Conferences
* Jobs
* Seminars
* PICs
* Administrative Council
* Volunteers

If you have browsed through other Web pages, you know that they are often
"under construction." In the next months, you will see new ideas added to
the page, and new links to other chapters, PICs, and groups related to
technical communication. In addition, we've included a small surprise.
Here's a hint: try clicking on the skyline photo.

We welcome new ideas as we fine tune and expand the content available
through our Web page. Contact the Chicago STC at 312-630-0110 with your
comments.
Betsy Maaks + Frame Technology Corp.
312-266-3208 + Advanced Products
bmaaks -at- frame -dot- com + 441 W. Huron Street
+ Chicago, IL 60610