Re: Your position and Marketing

Subject: Re: Your position and Marketing
From: Ian Macdonald <imacd -at- PC -dot- JARING -dot- MY>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 08:57:08 +0800

>How would you feel if out of the blue you were asked you to
>be on a 4-person team for the marketing of a new product?

I would grab the opportunity with both hands - make the time! Get involved
with naming the product, features, packaging ... decisions made now *could*
have an impact on how the documentation will develop.

There have been a couple of occasions where I have been involved in the
planning stages of a product. There was one other occasion when I "gate
crashed" the marketing team because I felt (with my manager's support) that
the product needed some guidence from the users perspective.

Hope this helps
Ian Macdonald Voice: (03) 452 7553
24C Jalan Ampang Hilir Fax: (03) 453 2910
55000, Kuala Lumpur email: imacd -at- pc -dot- jaring -dot- my
Malaysia