Troubleshooting

Subject: Troubleshooting
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 19:03:00 +0200

Hello Elizabeth,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von elizabeth_huth -at- gilbarco -dot- com an All am 23.10.95

ee> I'm working on a hardware service manual that will include a
ee> Troubleshooting
ee> section. I am interested to learn how others organize this
ee> section.

I like to do troubleshooting a bit different from your ideas:

- First, I offer some measures to do before checking *anything*:
All screws fastened, all connectors settled...

- Then, I prefer the ten most often needed troubleshooting tips.

- If this doesn't help, I start with conventional troubleshooting.

This way, I have the most promising help in front, where even less educated
personel might find it. This is my excuse to write on a higher level for the
rest of the manual: Don't touch anything if you don't understand what I'm
writing about.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander