Re: where to use large graphics (e.g. image maps)

Subject: Re: where to use large graphics (e.g. image maps)
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- IO -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 17:16:59 -0400

>The downside is that I'm currently designing my company's
>home page, and I think my boss really likes large image maps.
>So, the meat of my question is this: Where is it appropriate to
>use a 20K image map?

>LaVonna

If you want to use a large image map, it would be polite to load
a link to a text-only menu before the image map loads. I've seen
that done on some pages.

Regards,
Keith

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- io -dot- org -- http://www.io.org/~ksoltys/
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein