More on STC and international techwhirling

Subject: More on STC and international techwhirling
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 22:02:02 +0100

Hello Stuart,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Stuart Burnfield an All am 25.10.95

SB> From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au>

SB> > I know all about the feeling of isolation - I am based in
SB> Malaysia. On the
SB> > other hand having access to Internet makes the world a truely
SB> small place
SB> > and I use email extensivly to keep "involved".

But this will not replace the personal contact to other people working in our
field.

SB> > While there are several chapters outside N. America there
SB> really aren't any
SB> > near you. There is a New Zealand chapter; there is also a
SB> Singapore chapter
SB> > if you have an interest in Asia.

These chapters might help at some topics specific to your part of the world,
but will not give you enough personal contact.

Either try to form a national chapter of STC or start an own society. We have
one here in Germany (tekom) and only quite few people over here are STC
members.

If many of your colleagues speak English quite well, a STC chapter might be
the best choice. But if many do not speak English, STC is not much help for
them.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander