Re: Should students be allowed to post

Subject: Re: Should students be allowed to post
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 13:53:24 -0800

At 11:05 AM 10/30/95 EST, Melissa wrote:
>Age or degree status doesn't matter at all. The way you write matters
>enormously, because we're writers here.

Absolutely. I joined this list when it first began, because it began at a
time when I was thinking about changing careers from being a college
professor of Japanese language and linguistics to being a tech writer. I
have learned an incredible amount from this list. It gave me the courage to
change careers, and it's helped me when the road to my new career was
bumpier than I was comfortable with. If someone came to me and said "I'm
interested in tech writing", I would immediately point them to the list. Not
so they can post silly questions, but so they can eavesdrop on conversations
and understand what sorts of things are issues for tech writers, and how
writers think about these issues.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com