Microsoft style guide

Subject: Microsoft style guide
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 18:36:01 IST

Gregory Keith writes:
This was the first version: "Microsoft Publications Style Guide. Version
1.0. (Redmond, WA: Microsoft Corp, 1991)" as cited in the
Boggan/Farkas/Wellinske book Developing Online Help for Windows.

** I believe the Online Help book said something vague like "you can
find copies around." I contacted the author and was told that indeed
the copies circulating seemed to have wandered out of Microsoft
by themselves rather than being formally published. But
Microsoft Press should have the book out pretty soon. I'm
told they received the files in late September from the
editorial service that prepared them. (Yes, they used an
outside contractor on their style guide...)

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| Don't expect too much from God. He's only human. - Grandma Levinson ||