Re: Circle R and TM

Subject: Re: Circle R and TM
From: "Gallagher, Susan" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 14:59:50 -0700

----------

> I'm a little confused about the circle R and the TM designations.
> Would someone explain the rule for using them?

Harold writes...
>Circle R stands for "copyright" and TM stands for "trademark."

and then goes on to explain all kinds of good stuff about copyrights.

But...

Circle C stands for copyright.

Circle R is registered trademark. One in which all the paperwork has been
sent in and completed.

TM stands for trademark, but not registered.

SM stands for service mark. That's when you trademark vaporware. ;-^)

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com