Re: limiting the benefits of STC membership

Subject: Re: limiting the benefits of STC membership
From: "David S. Broudy" <broudy -at- BCF -dot- USC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 09:40:17 -0800

Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>:
>1) Job information should continue to be given freely. I believe this not
>only because of the tax status, but I believe it is good policy for STC. It
>helps the tech writing community, our clients and employers, and thus leads
>to good will.

Speaking as a non-member, I'd also point out that your chances of
attracting new paying memebers go up if said recruits are employed and
making some money. $110 for membership is a fairly big chunk of cash for
someone who's un- or under-employed.

I'm supposed to attend a dinner meeting of the Los Angeles chapter with my
writing class on Nov 16, so I guess I'll get all the poop on jobs then. I
hope there's some that are freelance/offsite.

>That will be 50 cents, thank you.

Got change for a five?

* http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~broudy/ *
* freelance web geek n tech writer *
* "But cha are, Blanche, ya are!" --Baby Jane *