New virus by email - vicious one

Subject: New virus by email - vicious one
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 11:11:29 EST

After checking with experts in the field at my location, I offer you all the
following response:

"The "Good Times" virus is a hoax that has been known about for well over a
year. Well, maybe it isn't a hoax, because of all the resources that have been
spent with users passing on the "virus" message, and those that have been
responding to it. It's worse than the electronic chain letters.

According to some well known virus experts, the development of an E-mail virus
is not likely. Viruses work by infecting the boot sector of a disk or
attaching to an executable program. E-mail messages are not programs and
cannot access the boot sector of the disk. There is no way currently that
reading a E-mail message will infect your system with a virus."

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com@Internet
This has been more than one man's opinion, yours may still vary with mileage.