Creating an online newsletter

Subject: Creating an online newsletter
From: Suzanne Pyle <Crow101156 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 09:14:57 -0500

Hi, thanks to all for responding to my many questions lately on books,
programs, etc.
Now I have another!

My techpub area is currently interested in putting together an online info
newsletter that will help promote the internal tech writing services of the
dept throughout the organization. We wanted to create a newsletter that would
consist of articles on various projects we have completed, and how those
documents might affect employees in their work at this organization. We were
thinking of maybe 4 to 8 pages in length, and would be interested in using
photos, graphics, etc. We wanted to put this newsletter out on the web and in
hardcopy either bimonthly or quarterly. Using the list below, what are your
recommendations?

1. Do you know of any web sites currently that put out
infoletters/newsletters such as I am describing? If so, can you provide the
addresses?

2. Have you ever created an online newsletter? If so, what software did you
use, how long did it take to put it all together?

3. Do you have any suggestions in terms of online format, i.e., should
length of articles remain shorter than they might if they were in hardcopy?

4. In your techpub area, have you ever used marketing efforts to help create
visibility of your area and services as it pertains to the rest of the
organization? (this question only pertains to groups that produce INTERNAL
documentation)

5. Can you think of any reason a hardcopy newsletter would be more
beneficial than reading an online version?

Thanks, as always! - Suzanne