Re: PageMaker? what to do

Subject: Re: PageMaker? what to do
From: Michael Keith Anderson <mka -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 21:30:00 -0600

Kris:

I convinced my first tech writing employer I could to the work better =
and cleaner because I knew how to layout the pages in addition to =
writing well. It may be good or bad, I don't know, but it's coming down =
to the marriage of writing and design. Employers want it - a lot of tech =
writers deliver it. The tools are too accessible.=20

When I create documents, I always consider how my words will appear on =
the final presentation. Actually, I can't help but think about that =
(sometimes I do it to a fault). However, because I can do it, and I know =
how my words will best appear, it's something I do.

It wasn't too terribly long ago I was cranking out documents on Word =
Star using a CP/M machine wishing there was some way to get better copy =
from my dot matrix printer. Then Fancy Font came along.....

Keith Anderson

mka -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
mkanderson -at- ualr -dot- edu
http://www.ualr.edu/~mkanderson/