Text-Centered Evaluation

Subject: Text-Centered Evaluation
From: "Suzanne M. Faubl" <tscom002 -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 11:36:45 -0500

My research group redesigned a database guide, and now we are doing
usability testing.

Our advisor suggested that we use protocol aided revision and also one
text-based evaluation method. Unfortunately, all the literature we have
found on readability formulas is overwhelmingly negative. (That is,
research says that the grammatical analyses are not very useful.)

What do you guys use at work to test new documents? Is there a standard
type of test that is useful? Or does everyone do document-specific
analysis (interviews and questionnaires?)

You can reply directly to me, unless you think others are interested.

Thanks.

Sue
tscom002 -at- post -dot- drexel -dot- edu

Sue tscom002