Re: X Windows under MS-Windows

Subject: Re: X Windows under MS-Windows
From: John Biederman <johnb -at- MAIL -dot- ENTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 07:54:26 -0500

In a previous post, I asked if there any way to run the UNIX-based program
under Windows 3.11? Particularly an X Windows terminal emulator that I can
run on my PC under MS-Windows (3.11).

I received a number of replies from the TECHWR-L list and
comp.emulators.misc. We have not chosen one yet, but here is a summary of
the voting, along with email addresses (or phone numbers) and web pages

Votes Software
-------- -------------------------
1 PC-XWare from NCD
http://www.ncd.com/External/welcome.html, pcxware -at- pcx -dot- ncd -dot- com
2 X-Vision from VisionWare
http://www.visionware.com/, info -at- x -dot- co -dot- uk
3 ReflectionX from WRQ
(800) 872-2829, http://www.wrq.com/
8 'eXceed 5 for Windows' by Hummingbird Communications Ltd.
(905) 470-1203, sales -at- hummingbird -dot- com, http://www.hcl.com
3 Chameleon X from NetManage, Inc.
sales -at- netmanage -dot- com, http://www.netmanage.com/
1 XoftWare/32 for Windows by AGE Logic.
(619) 455-8600 (They must have a WWW page somewhere)

In addition, a couple people noted I could use Hyperhelp to create online
help in Unix from Word for Windows source files (http://www.bristol.com/).

Thanks. I appreciate your assistance!

John B.
John Biederman, Technical Writer
Entek Scientific Corporation
4480 Lake Forest Drive, Suite 316, Cincinnati, OH 45242-3753
Phone: (513) 563-7500 Email:johnb -at- entek -dot- com Fax: 513-563-7831