Re: Incorporated Independent Contractors?

Subject: Re: Incorporated Independent Contractors?
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 14:22:40 UNDEFINED

In article <9511080319 -dot- AA06303 -at- plamondon -dot- com> Robert Plamondon
<robert -at- plamondon -dot- com> writes:

>But, to answer your main question, no, most freelance writers are not
>incorporated. I am in the middle of turning "High-Tech Technical Writing"
>into "High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc." I am doing this for three
>reasons:

I incorporated myself a number of years ago for a specific reason: I had a
certain tax problem that was best handled by being incorporated. That was my
sole reason at the time for incorporating. However, I have since had reason to
be glad that I am incorporated, despite the extra burdens of paper work and
taxes. For one thing, as a corporation, you can be most generous with fringe
benefits of many kinds, and there are tax advantages in that. And there is the
protection from liability, too, of course, which is not bullet-proof, but is a
comfort, nevertheless. - Herm
***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com], marketing consultant/freelance
writer. Author How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant, other
business books. Publisher of how-to reports. Email request for
free report on writing. Visit at http://www.crimson.com/em/