Re: Putative Inborn Inability to Program

Subject: Re: Putative Inborn Inability to Program
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 18:19:28 IST

In my Anecdotes course at the Ronald Reagan Institute of the Unattributed,
I heard that back when you couldn't find programmers on the job market,
because the discipline was too new, IBM recruited trainees from various
disciplines and found that English majors as a group made fine programmers,
as good as math majors if not better. Giving a sane structure to a
subroutine, after all, involves the same skills as giving a sane structure
to a sentence.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| A Rabin condolence page can be found at http://www.israel.org ||