Re: couple of questions

Subject: Re: couple of questions
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 14:31:50 MST

Karen Kay wrote-->
> But being able to program is NOT the same thing as Being A Programmer.

Ain't that the truth. I know programmers who can't program worth
a damn. Just like we all probably know writers who can't write.
They are usually an embarrassment to our respective professions.

Technical writing and computer programming are different professions
requiring different skills. I don't think it makes sense to
argue over how much those skills overlap or whether a specific
skill applies to both trades. Both professionals require the
ability to think logically. How and to what depth that ability
is applied in either profession varies not only with the
profession, but with each assignment within that profession.

Bev
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil