Other Lists, and Thanks

Subject: Other Lists, and Thanks
From: "Everman, Daniel" <evermad -at- TTC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:39:59 EST

THANK YOU to all who responded kindly to "Thanks for all the fish". I
really needed it. After having been beaten unmercifully after my last
post, your kind words remind me that there are professionals in our
profession, too.

For those of you who have asked (and there were SEVERAL) the only
other list I subscribe to with technical writing issues is the Windows
Help list, WINHLP-L. Info. for subscribing is at the end of this
message. It is intended strictly for WINHELP authors, of course, but
doesn't seem to have a problem with the occasional well-intentioned
but misguided post. I don't remember ever seeing a flame.

Other lists I use are general writing lists and bibliophile
(collectors') lists. Let me add again that NOWHERE else have I
encountered the erratic behavior I have encountered here. This list
just ain't worth it anymore. If I want to get beat up I'll go back to
church.

Thanks,

Dan Everman
evermad -at- ttc -dot- com

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO WINHLP-L
Address: listserv -at- Admin -dot- HumberC -dot- ON -dot- CA Message: sub Winhlp-L Your Name

for example:

sub Winhlp-L Sigmund Freud