Re: computer-scanned resumes

Subject: Re: computer-scanned resumes
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:57:41 -0600

Mary and others:

An article by Gary M. Smith about scanning resumes to search
for keywords will appear in the next issue of the STC newsletter,
_Intercom_. It will include a list of keywords for technical
writers.

Gary also sent the following in a personal e-mail:
---start quote
BTW, did you hear the National Public Radio story last week about the
importance and growing popularity of industry-specific key words in
resume development? The reporter interviewed someone from CareerPro, the
resume writing company with whom I worked for a time after quitting
Boring (uh, Boeing).
---end of quote

You might ask NPR for the transcript.

Regards,
LaVonna

>Subject: computer-scanned resumes

>I'm about to start a discussion for the next several days in my tech. writing
>class on the job search. We'll talk about application letters, resumes, etc.
>How prevalent are computer-scanned resumes? Is this the coming thing, and
>should my students design their resumes to be scanned? Thanks, Mary Massirer
>(mary_massirer -at- baylor -dot- edu)
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
COREStaff Communication Svcs. Society for Technical Communication

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than little ol' me.