Re: Commas

Subject: Re: Commas
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 21:01:10 PST

Then Matt Hicks wrote:

>Who is this person writing unnecessary checks and do you think you could
>get them to write me some? ;-)

What I meant, was, "Don't be so flashy in your prestidigitation that
your employer is annoyed to the point of deciding that your paychecks
are unnecessary." Or maybe I meant, "Too many cooks spare the rod
and spoil the child." I forget.

Anyway, commas are a lot more free-form than many people would like
to admit, largely because just about everyone has better things to
do than think about them on an individual basis. That's almost as
bad as worrying whether too many sentences in your document start
with the word "the."

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139