Subject: Summary: GPA on resume
From: HUNTER_W -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:16:01 -0600

Hi,

Thanks for the response to my question about GPAs and resumes. I received
a range of responses but most people agreed that it is not necessary to
put a GPA on a resume if I have work experience. Some people thought a
4.0 might be worth mentioning (No, my GPA is not nearly that good!) Others
suggested that I use the cum laude terminology to show how well I did.

I will go with my first instinct and leave GPA off my resume unless I am
sure it would help me.

Finally, as *several* of you pointed out, irregardless is not a word. Sorry
for the offense - old habits die hard. However, this little embarassment
has taught me a lesson - even if I had a 4.0 GPA, I would not put it on my
resume because people may expect perfection from me and I can't guarantee
that!!

Bill Hunter