Re: Suggestions, anyone?

Subject: Re: Suggestions, anyone?
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 11:05:25 +0800

Utpala Anand wrote:
> ... I've been asked to
> think of ways to present organizational charts in a vertical format. How do
> I represent people at the same organizational level in a vertical format -
> without making it seem that Mr. A works under Ms. B who works under Mr. C...

Just a thought: use diagonal lines rather than vertical and horizontal.

Documentation Smurf
/ (Stuart Burnfield)
/
/
Documentation /
Manager \
(Utpala Anand) \ Assistant Writer
\ / (Francis Bacon)
\ Senior Writer /
(William Shakespeare) \
\ Assistant Writer
(Chris Marlowe)

Just be sure to use a proper charting tool, and not ASCII like this :^)

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903