Internet providers

Subject: Internet providers
From: Stan Brown <stbrown -at- NACS -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:59:00 -0500

Suzanne Pyle <Crow101156 -at- AOL -dot- COM> asks for recommendations for Internet
providers, and Kim Adams <kimadams -at- OZ -dot- NET> mentions that she has a list
of providers in her area showing ,odem type and speed, date established,
etc. She didn't say where she got that list, but it might be from The
List whose URL is
http://www.thelist.com/
You can search by state or area code, as I recall.

Kim suggests looking for providers that offer a trial period: I'd
suggest asking even if they don't mention it without prompting. Kim
says that $20-$25 a month flat rate is typical in Seattle for SLIP/PPP
connections; that's true in Cleveland as well.

Regards,
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems Cleveland, Ohio USA stbrown -at- nacs -dot- net