Tech Writers that can't write a Resume

Subject: Tech Writers that can't write a Resume
From: Guy McDonald <guym -at- DAKA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:53:47 -0500

-- [ From: Guy McDonald * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

This subject is a bit ridiculous. Consider this view...... I am tasked by a
client to create, develop, and implement a training program with his
documentation management department.

I've bid the job at $800,000, was awarded the contract, then march off to
assemble my team of writers, graphics weenies & editors.

Now, consider this..... as Principal Consultant for my company, and Sr.
Technical Writer, I cannot write my own resume!

Yet I sure can assimilate complex engineering info into a 9th grade level of
understanding. Now I ask you folks, what's wrong with this picture???

If you can not write your own resume, and call yourself a writer.... well
maybe that's why America is still slipping comparatively to the world in
education.

--
Guy McDonald
Olympic Peninsula, WA