Re: "the Queen's English"

Subject: Re: "the Queen's English"
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 09:58:00 +1100

Sorry Diane I didn't mean to get you that steamed up. Rest assured when
I was in America for 6 months at school I stood for your anthem out of
respect but didn't sing. Just like I would stand for the pledge of
allegiance but didn't say it. Actually I'm not that much of an Anglophile
:) However I still prefer the original spellings of words such as colour
etc. I also know that I'm not the only one. I think this argument is
perhaps one of the best for online documentation.

Frankly I don't consider myself a POME (Prisoner of Mother Engand) I'm
sorry if I came across as sounding superior - that wasn't quite what I
meant :(

Given that in Australia, like Canada and the USA our ancestors needed
courage, endurance and stubborness (and plenty of other things), I feel
that none of us are shackled to England.

Also remember I still but American software, I just wish the spelling was
different.

Colleen Dancer
dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au

The opinions expressed are mine and not my employers.