Re: State of the art

Subject: Re: State of the art
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 19:56:54 -0700

How about "cutting edge"? I've heard this term used to describe this.

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Scott Goodhue wrote:

> Call for Neologism:

> The term "state of the art" has been used for some time to refer to
> the highest level of development. In your opinion, is it hackneyed?
> I posed the question once to an STC PIC a while ago and one member
> suggested: "Bleeding edge." This may be too bloody for many. I
> considered " the fore-running cusp" for a softer sound, but neither
> terms seem adequate to me. They just don't have the ring of an
> engineering feat. I've also run across "state of the edge," but it's
> a mere substitution of one word for another. Any suggestions
> welcomed.

> Scott Goodhue
> sgoodhue -at- disclosure -dot- com

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

Previous by Author: Re: Certification
Next by Author: Re: Ethics - Helping with a Thesis
Previous by Thread: Re: State of the art
Next by Thread: how we learn English

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads