Re: Collecting Receivables

Subject: Re: Collecting Receivables
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 20:45:14 -0700

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Jonathan Leer wrote:

> The writer asked if the client would give him future work, and the client
> indicated that it would depend on how the writer bills this project.

> How would you handle this situation?

I'd say it depends on whether you really WANT to deal with this client
again--and on any previous experiences you've had with them, if any.

I would wonder if this pattern is going to be repeated. If so, then you
might want to think twice about cutting your bill.

What compensation, if any, do you get other than pay? Is it worth the
hassle? What do your other employment options look like? i.e., How badly
do you need this client in the future? And how much are you willing to
sacrifice for the sake of keeping them?

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu