Re: Advice On User Manuals

Subject: Re: Advice On User Manuals
From: Joanna Sheldon <cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 06:25:44 -0500

>Suzanne Pyle wrote:

>> My question involves using engineering specs to write the manual.
>> Have any of you done this before without actually using the
>> software/hardware? And if you have, did you also interface with
>> engineers for your questions ?

And Jared answered:
>We have been successful at producing a full working version of the
>design by building a paper mockup. The paper mockup is a fully
>interactive representation of the design

What do you mean by a "fully interactive representation of the design?"
Representation is a very vague word. Could you describe your "mockup" in
more detail?

TIA

Joanna

C. Joanna Sheldon, PhD
GRAPHTECH Consulting
documentation solutions # information design

PO Box 288, Lansing NY 14882, USA
cjs10 -at- cornell -dot- edu

voice: +1 607 533 8850
fax: +1 607 533 9092