Re: Sharon Rosenthal's comments re: finding a new job

Subject: Re: Sharon Rosenthal's comments re: finding a new job
From: Connie Winch <CEW -at- MACOLA -dot- USA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 00:00:00 LCL

>From: mail -at- ih (Patrick O'Connell) {titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG}

>I'm afraid I'm not 100% clear on what Sharon is recommending one *send* a
>thank-you letter *for.* At what stage?

>- After you've been rejected, on the assumption that you haven't really
>been rejected, but are being subjected to some kind of test?

>- After sending the C.V. and cover letter, under separate cover?

>Donations of clues to myself, currently clueless on this question, are
>heartily encouraged!

>PatO'
>titanide -at- micro -dot- org

I don't remember the full context of Sharon's post,
so I'll speak for myself on this issue. I recommend
sending a thank you letter EVERY time someone does
something for you in the job search process - interviews
you (DEFINITELY then), recommends firms/contacts to you,
passes on your resume to someone else, even if they
turn you down for that particular job. They will
remember you favorably, and you never know when that
will come in handy down the road.

|Connie E. Winch | Don't be so open-minded |
|Technical Writer | your brains fall out. |
|Macola, Inc. | |
|cew -at- macola -dot- usa -dot- com | -Unknown |