UNIX online help viewers

Subject: UNIX online help viewers
From: davpic <davpic -at- AUTO-TROL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 08:46:37 -0700

If you're familiar with UNIX online help viewers, please read on...

I'm part of a team that is evaluating help viewing tools to be integrated
with my company's UNIX and PC software. We author in FrameMaker.

If you have used or evaluated the following products and would share your
insights, we'd appreciate it:

- EBT's DynaText 2.3
- Bristol's HyperHelp 5.0
- FrameViewer 5.0

If you're aware of other tools we should consider, please let me know.

Our "hot button" issues are:

- Ease of integration into our software
- Variety of info-access and navigation features (hypertext,
search methods, bookmarks, annotation, etc.)
- Ease of production from FrameMaker 5.0 (MIF) source files
(supports Frame markers, tables, etc.)
- Availability on major UNIX platforms and Windows/NT
- Reasonable cost to purchase and distribute

Thank you,
Dave Pickard

DAVID PICKARD Senior Technical Writer
davpic -at- auto-trol -dot- com Auto-trol Technology Corp.
303-252-2468 Denver, CO

"That may be true, sir, but I have a large hammer."