Re: Learning English Thread

Subject: Re: Learning English Thread
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 15:09:39 -0500

I've found that sentences so convoluted that they need to be diagrammed
usually contain factual errors once I parse them. If I can't understand
it
the engineer probably didn't either. Of course, I speak (and read)
fluent programmer.

From: Rose Wilcox[SMTP:RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US]
..
I haven't found it much use in actual
*writing*; however, I have used it occasionally to parse a sentence
written
by an engineer or programmer. Sometimes diagramming a particularly
obtuse
sentence has allowed me to discern what was meant, as opposed to what was
said.