Ventura 5.0 -> FrameMaker 5.0?

Subject: Ventura 5.0 -> FrameMaker 5.0?
From: Gregory Keith <GKeith -at- DELRINA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 14:22:00 PST

O List of Knowledge:

We have recently changed our DTP tool of choice from Ventura 5.0 to
FrameMaker 5.0. We've got a few folks already working on adapting our
document templates, but I'm wondering if anyone on the list has some tips
for a new Frame user (like me!) on how to strip Ventura-tagged Word 6.0
documents and import them into Frame. In particular:
1) does anyone know if there is a "strip" utility for Ventura 5.0, such as
there was for Ventura 4.2?
2) is the easiest way to clean Ventura 5.0 documents simply to record a Word
macro that strips all of the Ventura 5.0 tags and import the file as ASCII
text, then re-tag the whole thing? We'd like to preserve the tag formatting
and create identical tags in Frame so that Frame would recognize the old
Ventura tags, if possible.

All advice appreciated! Thanks,

Greg

Gregory Keith
Technical Writer
The Delrina Group
Symantec Corporation
gkeith -at- delrina -dot- com

Seen on a VW Beetle's license plate in Silicon Valley: "FEATURE"