Re: Tech Writers' test

Subject: Re: Tech Writers' test
From: Cathy Luther <cluther -at- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 17:04:33 -0700

On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, David Ibbetson wrote:

> Whether David Blyth and Suzanne Townsend were serious is irrelevant.

> They have provided an excellent "masterpiece" or passing out exam. These are
> the problems one encounters on deadline.

OK, so I fell for it 8-)

There was an element of seriousness in it though
- we do see some/all of those occurances. But it does offer a point of
discussion - just how much reality should be injected into a technical
writing program and when. David said it would be for a JC class, usually
equivalent to the first two years of a four-year-plus university
program. It would be inappropriate for the usual JC level.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000====
Catherine Luther Snail mail: 2701 Campus Blvd. NE
CIRT/IRC Albuquerque, NM 87131
University of New Mexico Internet: cluther -at- unm -dot- edu
From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000====