mil spec.. hmmmm....

Subject: mil spec.. hmmmm....
From: Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 22:53:27 -0500

Hey gang..

I know this has come up before, but having been working in Canada 'til =
now, it didn't really warrant any perusal.. but now I am here in MI, my =
first gig is goinna be a tech ref manual cw/ User guide. No big deal, =
true, 'cept that it has to conform to this spec sheet I have been given. =
I am told this is what *you all* :o) have referred to in the past, as =
mil spec (sorry if I have the capitals wrong.. sue me) :o) anywyaz, I =
would appreciate soemone, anyone, expanding on this for me..=20
I have a print out of the Micro Fiche with this info on it.. Now then, =
is it just that in England, we are taught to do things "differently" or =
am I missing something from this sheet? It really doesn't seem that big =
of a deal, to what I am used to doing for tech. ref. manuals. A little =
extra detail on "where" the info is placed, but I don't see any *big =
deal* about it....=20
my *dilemma* is that when this came out on the list a few months ago, =
the bits I did read had some people screaming and running for the exits. =
So.. did I miss something, or is it really how one interprets the thing?
If you have any insight, I would gratefully appreciate it.=20
My email is reynolds -at- ic -dot- net it might be better to email me personally, =
as this has already done the circuit.

TIA

Stui