Re[2]: Tech Writer's test

Subject: Re[2]: Tech Writer's test
From: Steve English <senglish -at- MICROS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 11:17:40 EST

Steve,

In the space of today's short posting, you:

- Admitted you might have goofed
- Made a sincere effort to patch up a misunderstanding
- Demonstrated that you don't take yourself too seriously
- Put 4 sentences together in a clear and cogent fashion
- Made a joke or two of your own.

I regret to inform you, therefore, that you are unfit for elective
office!

Steve English

Subject: Re: Tech Writer's test
Author: svictor -at- lgc -dot- com at SMTPLINK-Micros
Date: 12/20/95 10:52 AM

Jeffrey Pittman wrote:

> Good grief! I have the wit of a sun-baked brick, but even I recognized
> the humorous nature of this post. No wonder we end up with such duds in our
> elected offices! :-)>
> Keep on grinnin',
> J.P.

OK, OK, so I didn't get it. It's not the first time I haven't gotten
what passes for wit on this list.

So which of the many duds in elected office are you comparing me to? At
this point, either party should provide numerous examples.

Regards,
Steve

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation svictor -at- compassnet -dot- com
15150 Memorial Drive http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
Houston, TX 77079 USA De gustibus non disputandum est