SGML/Structured Documentation Seminar

Subject: SGML/Structured Documentation Seminar
From: wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 12:12:29 MDT

I've noticed a few questions about SGML recently, and I've been interested
in the differences between SGML as a general category and its relationships
to HTML specifically. I understand the basics (i.e., HTML is a flavor of
SGML, blah blah blah), but what does SGML allow users to do that HTML does not
(and vice versa)? What tools are required to create and use SGML
documentation?

I received a packet from the Department of Engineering at University of
Wisconsin-Madison about a seminar on creating a structured documentation
environment. Does anyone have experience with this university's programs or
with other SGML or structured documentation seminars?

Thanks,

Bill Burns
(soon to be) Assembly Training and Documentation Supervisor
Micron Technology, Inc.
Boise, ID
WBURNS -at- MICRON -dot- COM