Re: hyphenating email/e-mail/E-mail

Subject: Re: hyphenating email/e-mail/E-mail
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 11:24:54 -0800

>I know this is about as low a subject as the list can have, but
>since you apparently have a preference for email, may I ask for
>your source?

I've observed that people who simply use the term in an unselfconscious way
rarely hyphenate it.

You can see all of the arguments for and against this usage in the
copyediting-L FAQ, which Tom Little has on his web page:
http://www.rt66.com/~telp/

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro